Users on MarkerMeet decide on a time and on a place when they plan a meeting but there are no profiles or anything you could identify the other person with. You don't know who you are going to meet, it may be a man, it may be a woman. It may be someone older, younger or someone of the same age as you.
But being a stranger is not a bad thing. The person you are going to meet does not have any "dating" motive such as "Man looking for a woman" or "Woman looking for a man". It makes no sense because he or she does not know what gender you are. The other user just wants to meet you and we'll see what happens next :)
- People expect nothing, they just want to meet you and find about you.
- User's rating is based on real meetings with other users and not on profiles or pictures.
- People who meet on MarkerMeet are not afraid of new people (or maybe they're just brave :))
- No contacts are shared between users. Both user's must be present at the exact spot and on the time designated by the marker.
- You're never 100% sure that the other person will show up on the meeting. We made an ABSENT rating for this situation, see How it works
- Confirming a meeting with a complete stranger may require some courage.